Sigma Consulting Group – Our client, a renowned Medical Service provider is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
- Job Position: Sonographer
- Job Location: Lekki, Lagos
- We are looking for a dedicated Sonographer to assist our Doctors with diagnosing and monitoring various conditions, such as pregnancy, and diseases, such as cancer.
- The Sonographer works directly with patients and uses sonographic equipment to record images of the motion, shape, and composition of blood, organs, tissues, and bodily masses as well as looking at unborn fetuses in prenatal care.
- Operate ultrasound equipment to produce and record images of the motion, shape, and composition of blood, organs, tissues, and bodily masses such as fluid accumulations.
- Obtain and record accurate patient history, including prior test results and information from physical examinations.
- Provide sonogram and written summary of technical findings to physician for use in medical diagnosis.
- Observe screen during scan to ensure that image produced is satisfactory for diagnostic purposes, making adjustments to equipment as required.
- Prepare patients for examination by explaining procedures, transferring them to ultrasound table, scrubbing skin and applying the gel, and positioning them properly.
- Record and store suitable images, using a camera unit connected to the ultrasound equipment.
- Maintain records that include patient information, sonography and interpretations, files of correspondence, publications and regulations, and quality assurance records (e.g., pathology, biopsy, post-operative reports).
- Coordinate work with physicians and other health-care team members, including providing assistance during invasive procedures.
- A degree or equivalent in Sonography.
- Must be registered with the Sonography / Radiology Registration Board of Nigeria.
- 2+ years of working experience.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good communication Skills.
- Good organizational skills.
3rd April 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online