9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS to provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services, and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
- Job Position: Specialist, Cloud Management
- Job ID: IRC4034
- Job Location: Lagos
- Responsible for designing, developing, and delivering Cloud-based solutions for EMTS through secure and lean practices using built-for-cloud strategies.
- Support teams, projects, and the business in the delivery and management of services on Cloud Infrastructure through architecture and design.
- Act as an ambassador for Cloud Infrastructure platforms by assisting with the design and delivery of cloud-based services through automation and continuous improvement.
- Responsible for integrating new cloud services (applications and infrastructure) into the organization’s portfolio of internal systems and existing cloud services.
- Collaborates with technology brokers and external providers to understand new cloud services and integration technologies and their implications for the organization.
- Partner with technical teams and senior architects to analyze technical and non-technical requirements to build cloud-based solutions.
- Support the Cloud Operations by ensuring that services on Cloud Infrastructure are designed reliably, securely, whilst performing effectively and efficiently
- Responsible for the design and implementation of Cloud-based services running on Cloud Infrastructure and ensuring that it meets the business objectives and adhere to service level agreements (SLA)
- Work closely with Strategy and Project teams to ensure Cloud solutions are aligned with EMTS strategic goals
- Execute knowledge transfer activities to ensure smooth project transition to the support organizations, and participate, in a consultative capacity, in problem management to ensure a stable environment.
- Collaborate with functional and technical team members to develop deployment strategies for existing and new Cloud solutions
- Provide visibility of performance, cost, and the security of Cloud Infrastructure and services.
- Coordinate Technical specifications(design), development, unit testing, deployment, support, coordination of tasks, and resources related to integration service/product areas.
- Drive continuous improvement, continuous delivery, and lean practices within the Cloud Infrastructure team.
- Documenting standards and best practices for use across IT and the business.
- Identifying emerging technology solutions that reduce cost, increase efficiencies, enhance capabilities, reduce risk and improve security
- Ensure that all Cloud technology directions create a positive customer experience
- Be accountable for the reliability and security of Cloud Infrastructure and services
- Review and identify ways to improve performance and stability of services and applications running on Cloud Infrastructure through continuous improvement and automation.
- First Degree or equivalent in Computer Science / Engineering, Electrical / Electronic Engineering or other Numerate Science.
- Up to Four (4) years relevant work experience, with a Minimum 2-year experience with cloud-based architecture and implementation
- Strong working knowledge of cloud architectures; including AWS, Azure, or other cloud service providers
- Experience in Cloud pricing and commercial models; including Azure, AWS, or other cloud service providers
- Experience in leading discussions on business outcomes, requirements, and value
- Significant experience delivering and supporting Cloud Infrastructure and cloud-based applications
- Relevant experience with the creation and deployment of AWS cloud formation and/or Azure ARM templates through automation
- Communicates clearly and concisely, presents ideas in user-friendly language, and has strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with automating Cloud Security best practices and frameworks
- Well versed in cloud cost optimization techniques and strategies
- Able to conduct workshops to develop and design solutions
- Understanding operational environments with respect to incident and problem management
- Experience working in an agile environment.
Experience, Skills & Competencies:
- High level of both written and verbal communications skills, ability to gain clear agreement and commitment from others
- Think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Effective influencing skills, with groups not directly working for you
- Automating infrastructure and application solutions on Cloud platforms through templating and code (e.g: cloud formation, Azure ARM templates)
- Ability to code/script in technologies required for the Cloud platforms (e.g: Powershell, Python, JSON/YAML)
- Ability to automate monitoring and notification solutions
- Ability to perform frequent, incremental code changes through testing and deployment
- Experience with continuous integration(“CI”), continuous deployment (“CD”) methodologies and version control toolsets
- Strong Linux and/or Windows System Administration Skills
- Familiarity with a broad range of enterprise infrastructure and application products
- Knowledge in Networking, Security, Storage, and Container-based technologies
- Ability to identify and change platforms where opportunities are identified
- High level of documentation and knowledge management.
- Conduct quick technical feasibility and proposal development for workloads on Cloud platforms
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online