First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank) is Nigeria’s largest financial services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 10 million customer accounts, FirstBank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services. The Bank has international presence through its subsidiaries, FBN Bank (UK) Limited in London and Paris, FBNBank DRC, FBNBank Ghana, FBNBank Gambia, FBNBank Guinea, FBNBank Sierra-Leone and FBNBank Senegal, as well as its Representative Offices in Johannesburg, Beijing and Abu Dhabi.
Job Position: Head – Sponsorship, Partnerships, Events & Collaboration
Job Location: Lagos
- Management and execution of the Sponsorship and Events Unit annual budget of over N1billion, ensuring financial resources are aligned with organizational priorities and plans.
- Planning and budget setting, working with the Holding Company and the Bank’s Business Groups to develop sponsorship plans and consolidate the Group’s requirements for sponsorships, events and exhibitions.
- Development of the overall strategy for sponsorship and events including delivering of events to approved budgets ensuring contractual commitments are delivered.
- Negotiating new sponsorship contracts and sponsorship disposals to fulfil objectives, ensuring activities are measurable and are reviewed whilst exploiting all benefits to agreed budget.
- Organize bank-owned events and support the delivery (in a consistent manner) of all the Group’s activities, workshops, high-profile thought leadership national conferences and events that align to the Group’s strategic objectives and also speak to the Unit’s brand pillars in engaging specific target audiences.
- Assist in communicating the sponsorship strategy to management and managing communication of ongoing sponsorship and events monthly programmes to key stakeholders. This includes managing a calendar for the intranet, updating Sharepoint and communications to staff on key benefits of partnerships. Fully exploit the sponsorship rights in marketing communication and with key customers.
- Supervise and ensures that all sponsorship and events requests are logged, followed through to completion and updates/outcomes communicated to relevant parties.
- Ensure the timely and efficient coordination and delivery of all events and ensuring that the Bank’s standards and values are upheld at all outings.
- Assist the Head, M&CC in ensuring senior management and key stakeholders are positioned shoulder-to-shoulder with national and global decision makers at high level sponsored activities and events.
- Implement metrics, measure, evaluate and document of all sponsored activities for sponsorship effectiveness to ensure maximum Return On Investment. Whilst ensuring the results impact on current processes and strategies related to sponsorship and events
- Ensure database acquisitions at all events are captured as these becomes revenue leads to drive revenue opportunities through post event follow up.
- Assist in providing reports from all sponsorships and events for inclusion in weekly/monthly/quarterly/yearly presentation to the Head, M&CC and subsequently to the Holding Company and Groups’ Management and Board highlighting Revenue, Brand Visibility, Database Acquisition, Media mentions, Speaking Opportunities and Hospitality engagements.
- Manage sponsorship commitments and contractual timings to ensure payments are timely and renewal process is managed effectively – where applicable
- Manage and support independent consultants, agencies and volunteers conducting work under the auspices of selected events.
- Manage day-to-day relationships with the sponsorship and events agencies and partners and liaise with vendors and direct marketing agencies to plan, organize, execute, monitor and evaluate the impact of direct marketing on the Bank’s events.
- Supervises and ensures Bank’s brand/visibility during bank’s events is maintained to ensure consistency.
- Assist in providing competitor positioning and reports as related to sponsorship and events.
- Proposes, identifies, and supervises distribution of appropriate promotional/gift items for goodwill suitable for target audience at events and sponsored activities so as to enhance the Banks’ corporate image.
- Supervises the project management deliverables on all sponsorship and events projects as handled by direct reports.
- Minimum Education: First Degree in Humanities, Social Science or Science discipline
- Master’s in Business Administration would be an added advantage
- Professional Memberships: Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM); Advertising Practitioners Council of Nigeria (APCON); National Institute of Marketing of Nigeria (NIMN); Nigerian Institute of Public Relations (NIPR).
Minimum experience – 14 years work experience which includes:
- 8 years marketing experience
- 6 years sponsorships and events experience.
With significant experience:
- In negotiating and agency and supplier management
- With budget management and people leadership
- In managing properties and an understanding of the impact and limitations of sponsorships
- In project management
- In analytical reporting.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online