Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition.
Job Position: Staff Wells Engineer
Job Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers, Nigeria
- Responsible for the design, planning, and management of completion and well intervention operations, with the full integration of the CWI Operations team and relevant asset teams.
- Preparation of detailed cost and time estimates, tracking of relevant metrics during job execution, after action reviews (AAR) documentation, well handover to production, and developing subsequent improvement plans.
- Project Design/Execution: Deliver world-class design/execution performance by embedding continuous improvement methodology as the way of working and implementing full use of the Global Well Delivery Process (GWDP)
- HSSE – Integrate HSSE in the design, programming, and execution of well work on completion and well intervention operations. Actively promote HSSE and Sustainable Development (SD) in all activities and ensure compliance with business principles. Lead the technical and HSSE management of relevant service provider contracts and support the contracting and procurement strategy. Collaborate with contractors regarding performance, future plans, variances, etc. as needed.
- Regulatory – ensure all Well Notifications, Combined Operations Notifications, Regulatory Permits, etc are all in place and correct prior to commencement of operations.
- Support and foster relationships with other asset teams including subsurface, production, facilities, and construction. Support engagements with JV partners where applicable and the development and analysis of competitive benchmarking to drive operational excellence. Mentor junior staff in all aspects of completion engineering design and operations, and in interaction with other asset teams.
- Design Completions & Well Interventions activities, sit within the execution teams for Completion & Well Interventions to deliver planned scope. Supervise and ensure Completion & Well Intervention programmes are executed safely and efficiently and that all company policies and procedures are fully adhered to.
- Monitor offshore LWIV based Completion & Well Intervention operations. Ensure accurate reporting of all Completion & Well Intervention activities into the approved reporting medium.
- Implement accurate cost monitoring of all Completion & Well Intervention activities both in the office and on the well site. Integrate and liaise with other disciplines to ensure efficient and effective execution of Completion & Well Intervention work programmes.
What we need from you?
- A professional Engineer with a university Degree in a relevant Engineering or Science discipline.
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in Completions and Well intervention design and operations.
- IWCF/WIPC certification will be an added advantage
- Good supervisory skills, with sound knowledge of Completions and Intervention practices
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good analytical, communication and writing skills, with PC fluency and familiarity with drilling engineering software.
- Excellent proficiency in English language, both in speech and in writing.
- Willing to work on rotations to field locations.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online