Health Systems Consult Limited (HSCL) provides public health and development advisory services to clients in the health sector. We assist a range of global donors and funders, non-governmental organizations, the Federal Government as well as private sector firms to successfully implement development programs in the health sector. Our advisory services are formed along with the WHO-recommended “six building blocks” for strengthening health systems. Specifically, our services include Health Programmes Design and Implementation, Health Financing and Economic Reviews, Monitoring & Evaluation, Research, Health Systems Strengthening, Policy Analysis, and Development, Strengthening Procurement and Supply Chain Systems as well as Human Resources for Health Development. HSCL is an international organization with offices in Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, and Zambia.
- Job Position: State Team Lead
- Job Location: Lagos
- Reports to: Associate Director, Health Financing
- Duration: 3 years
- HSCL with support from a key donor is implementing the Nigeria State-led Strategic Purchasing for Family Planning and Maternal Newborn and Child Health Project in Lagos State (SP4FP) and a few other states. The project involves the provision of technical assistance to the states for the strengthening of the strategic purchasing function of their health insurance schemes, with emphasis on integrated primary health care services including Family Planning (FP) and Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health (MNCH) services.
- HSCL is providing technical support to the Lagos State Health Management Agency (LASHMA), Health Facility Monitoring and Accreditation Agency (HEFAMAA), Reproductive Health/Family Planning (RH / FP) Unit and other relevant stakeholders within the Lagos State Ministry of Health (LSMOR) for the development and implementation of a workplan towards achieving the project’s goal.
- We are seeking a suitable candidate for the position of State Team Lead (STL) on the SP4FP Project in Lagos State.
- The State Team Lead’s overarching responsibility will be to coordinate a team of technical support staff, build capacity, and manage stakeholders. The STL will also ensure compliance with contractual requirements and deliver progress/technical reports as requested.
Stakeholder and Risk Management
The STL will:
- Represent the firm at engagements with key stakeholders while building and maintaining cordial relationships.
- Participate actively in relevant events planned by sub-grantees.
- Regularly update the project’s risk management plan in response to implementation realities.
The STL will also coordinate the project team towards the achievement of the following objectives:
- Provide support to Lagos State Health Management Agency (LASH MA) and ether stakeholders for the implementation of an integration plan for the inclusion of Family Planning and Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health services in the benefit packages for the scheme.
- Provide technical support for the development and dissemination of an investment case for Family Planning in Lagos.
- Review frameworks, processes, tools and operational guidelines for the Lagos State Health Scheme (LSHS).
- Provide support to LASHMA for the conduct, validation, and utilization of an actuarial analysis for the redesigned health benefits package for the Lagos State Health Scheme (LSHS) – inclusive of FP & other MNCH services.
- Support the implementation of the informal sector enrollment strategy.
- Support the implementation of the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) systems for the scheme and facilitate reporting to the state’s Health Management Information System (HMIS).
- Provide technical support to the healthcare financing unit of the Directorate of Healthcare Planning, Research and Statistics (DHCPRS) to fulfil its mandate
Health Sctor Regulation:
- Provide support for the design and implementation of a technical assistance plan for HEFAMAA.
- Coordinate assessments of its existing structures, processes, and capacity of relevant staff and develop plans to address gaps.
- Provide support for the development and implementation of an M&E plan for HEFAMAA.
- Support the development of an appropriate governance structure for LASHMA and HEFAMAA to enable the agencies to deliver on their mandate.
- Provide support for organizational development to HEFAMAA, LASHMA, and other relevant state Ministries, Departments, and Agencies (MDAS).
- Track progress of capacity transfer and improvement of partner MDAs.
- Candidate must possess an in-depth knowledge of Nigeria’s healthcare system and healthcare financing reforms.
- Excellent knowledge of the healthcare landscape and relevant actors in Lagos State.
- A minimum of 7 years’ demonstrated experience In implementing health financing/health insurance programs (especially in the areas of strategic purchasing for health and provider payment mechanisms). Experience implementing Family Planning programs would be an added advantage.
- A master’s degree in Health Economics, Health Financing, Public Health, Public / Social Policy, or a related field.
- Proven experience in stakeholder management with the ability to engage in technical and policy discussions with representatives of government and other development partners.
- Experience in qualitative / quantitative research
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and one or more of the following statistical software: SPSS, Stata, SAS and/or R.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop policy briefs and other advocacy materials
- Proven ability to provide on-the-job capacity building and mentoring.
- Excellent time management skills and outstanding work ethic.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Consistently approach work with integrity, energy, and optimism.
- Demonstrate openness to continuous learning, change, and an ability to manage complexities in a fast-paced environment.
9th March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a Cover Letter (no more than a page) and an updated CV in one document to: [email protected] stating the position as the subject of the email.