Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
Job Position: Strategic Financial Analyst & Modeller
Job Location: Nigeria (Global Hub)
- This role will provide expert modelling and strategic analytical insight of Plan financial economy to underpin strategic thinking to ensure the financial sustainability of the whole Plan Family.
- Lead the development and continuous improvement of robust, complex financial and economic models to analyse scenarios relating to the financial sustainability
- Provide strategic analytical insight based on the modelling and wider political context and external environment to maximise impact of modelling, supporting Executive Director, Finance & IT, Director, Strategic Finance, CEO and other key senior stakeholders
- Lead financial modelling and analysis in relation to major corporate developments such as Mergers and Acquisitions, new operating structures in partnership with the Corporate Development and Strategy teams
- Review and analyse business cases prepared for new initiatives including for Innovation fund, investment fund, digital fund and other key funds that may emerge to ensure financial viability, value for money and ROI. Act as key adviser to colleagues (including SFBPs) on financial, economic and commercial aspects of business case development
- Provide analysis and insight to the Financial Sustainability Programme project leads to inform their recommendations
- Support the review of key financial standards and policies to ensure relevant and enabling in context of actual financial position
- Working closely with the Financial Planning and Analysis team, recommend changes to Plan’s data model and systems to strengthen the organisational capability to deliver analysis and insight
- Create and deliver training courses as required to build colleague (both finance and non-finance) capability in these areas
- Contribute to the transformation of Plan culture to ensure decisions are evidence based and financially/commercially viable.
- Provide strategic advice to senior managers in order to support the successful delivery of Plan International’s mission and strategy.
- Champion change by role modelling the behaviour expected from all colleagues, develop and communicate plans to ensure change is successfully implemented within own department.
- Preferably Degree level education in Finance / Economics / Mathematics / Statistics or equivalent related subject, or related work experience
- Exceptional financial modelling skills and experience
- Strong financial/economic analysis experience
Competencies: Leadership and Business and Management:
Business and Management Competencies:
- Organisational understanding – Purpose, priorities, values and approaches
- Business processes, policies, practices and standards
- Managing resources and finance
- Managing risk
- Managing technology and digital working
- Project management.
- Excellent Communications skills (written and verbal) and ability to communicate complex technical matters effectively to non-technical audience
- Formal people management
- Striving for lasting impact
- Being open and accountable
- Working well together
- Inclusive and empowering
- Imparting skills and knowledge.
- We will be happy to disclose the salary and applicable benefits to applicants as part of this process, however, please kindly note that the salary and employment benefits will be set according to your location and therefore it is not possible to include full details here.
- As an indication if this role was based in the UK the salary would be circa £45,000 per annum.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the very heart of everything that Plan International stands for.
- We want Plan International to reflect the diversity of the communities we work with, offering equal opportunities to everyone regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
- Plan International is based on a culture of inclusivity and we strive to create a workplace environment that ensures every team, in every office, in every country, is rich in diverse people, thoughts, and ideas.
- We foster an organisational culture that embraces our commitment to racial justice, gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion.
- Please note that Plan International will never send unsolicited emails requesting payment from candidates.