Mastercard Foundation is a global foundation based across four hubs in Kigali, Rwanda, Nairobi, Kenya, Accra, Ghana, and Toronto, Canada. Our programs promote financial inclusion and advance education and learning in Africa, primarily for young people, and in Canada for Indigenous youth. The Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. From inception, the Foundation was designed to be a separate entity and independent from Mastercard. Our policies, operations, and funding decisions are made by our President and Board of Directors.
Job Position: Lead, Talent Development (Strategic Projects)
Job Location: Africa
- Reporting to the Head of Talent Development, the role will be responsible for providing a broad range of high-impact talent development practices and strategies to the organization.
- The successful candidate would be a leader, subject matter expert, and critical resource to the organization.
- They will also be responsible for the diagnosis, design, and implementation of best-in-class talent and leadership academies, strategies, and solutions.
- Perform capability gap analyses for departments and teams.
- Lead the process of individual development planning as well as the implementation of approved plans.
- Lead foundational wide competence development, assessments, and career architecture.
- Execute capability development initiatives within the organization using the 3Es of learning.
- Co-create the design and delivery of the learning framework that supports the achievement of organizational goals.
- Create learning strategies for capability development.
- Contribute to organizational change and effectiveness.
- Co-create and implement learning solutions that address the emerging and future needs of the Foundation.
- Lead the implementation of learning management systems as well as introduce engaging and impactful learning solutions/ experiences that enhance employee development.
- Manage L&D quality assurance.
- Management of L&D budget, with oversight from Head of Talent Development.
- Lead the design of strategies and programs that facilitate entry of Scholars into the Foundation.
- Design and execute global talent development/feeder strategies and programs (Graduate Programs, Internship, etc.).
- Measure effectiveness and advise on adjustments/improvements to scholars and internship programs.
- Stay current with industry trends and the latest research around these programs, and make recommendations for adjustments.
- Ensure Individual learning, development, and progression over time are managed and self‐managed, in order to drive competence.
- Oversee development to provide ready succession for key roles in line with company and individual needs.
- Enable the appropriate talent for key jobs and provide the business with the right skills to fill key positions in the future.
- Oversee execution of full cycle performance management process to include communications, coaching, training, etc. for all levels of employees to support the Foundation’s performance process including annual goal setting, mid-year check-ins, and year-end reviews.
- Provide support in the cascade of enterprise-wide goals to teams across the Foundation.
- Manage and analyze the outcomes of the performance management process, identify gaps and recommend solutions including skills upgrading.
- Conduct management reporting on employee performance, progress/completion of process milestones such as goal setting completion, mid-year check-in completion, year-end review completion, and conducting goal audits.
- Support HRBPs and People Managers in the implementation of performance programs including Performance Improvement Plans (PIPs), high performers, and probation reviews, ensuring these are well executed and monitored.
- University Degree and/or Graduate Degree (Master’s / PhD), in Organizational Development, Psychology, Human Resources or a related field and/or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- 10+ years of progressive talent development experience with at least five years having been spent in strategically focused roles.
- Experience working in a start-up or ‘build’ environment.
- Experience in developing and delivering a broad range of learning and development experiences including experience with Learning Management Systems and e-Learning Platforms.
- Proven ability to effectively influence, build relationships and leverage the formal and informal organizational structure.
- Ability to effectively lead organizational change with knowledge of change management principles, change communications, methodologies and tools.
- Ability to take initiative, “roll-up one’s sleeves” and bring creative new approaches and diverse solutions.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- Professional maturity, sensitivity to different cultures, and impeccable integrity exemplify the Foundation’s values.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
22nd August 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online