SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific.
Job Position: Structural Supervisor
Job Location: Port Harcourt – Rivers
- To supervise preparation, onshore prefabrication and onshore (occasionally offshore) erection of structural steel.
- To check that contractor’s prefabrication and erection equipment are satisfactory operating and adequate for the job to be carried out.
- To monitor progress of prefabrication and erection works and reports to Construction Superintendent on a daily basis.
- To ensure that structural material are stored and maintained in adequate conditions. To monitor the management of material (whatever supplied by Company or contractor).
- To daily co-ordinate with QA/QC inspectors.
- To ensure that QA construction report is being prepared in accordance with Company specification, to co-ordinate with QA/QC section and to report to Construction Superintendent.
- To ensure routine good housekeeping is performed on site by contractor.
- To check that contractor’s erection equipment are safe.
- To check Work Permits and ensuring all instructions are understood by performer and carried out according to established work practices.
- To participate in establishing safe working conditions in close co-operation with HSE Department and Construction Superintendent.
- To ensure that contractor’s safety equipment are in good working order and enforces safety rules and regulations.
- Minimum: B.Sc Degree in Civil / Structural Engineering.
- 2 years experience in the Oil and Gas sector.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Minimum level of experience required:
- 3 years or more.
- English (C-Professional working proficiency)
What can we offer you?
We offer a variety of stimulating and evolving experiences: exciting projects, learning from professionals and immersed in international culture.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online