Owens and Xley is a Small Business Advisory and Consulting Company in Lagos, Nigeria. Our services include of Small Business Startup and Set up, Business Plan preparation, Business Process Design and Business Strategy Formulation. We know the role good planning plays in any business and its associated costs; and the initial capital challenges faced by a small business which is why we have developed solutions which ensure that small business owners have access to technical skills but at a fraction of the cost.
Job Position: Supermarket Manager
Job Location: Lekki Phase 1, Lagos
- As the Supermarket Manager, you are accountable for the day-to-day operations of the supermarket by effectively organizing work schedules to meet established timelines and effective supervision of staff to achieve goals.
- Ensure the supermarket is ready to trade by inspecting the environment, POS, generator, checkout/payment points, delivery items etc.
- Develop the merchandising layout
- Ensure the store is well managed by inspecting involvement of cashiers and shelves
- Liaise with CEO and finance to develop revenue and other financial target
- Collate daily sales report from the accountant
- Ensure cash is banked on time as specified by the company’s policy
- Inspect the activities of the security officers and cleaners
- Ensure all company policies are obeyed while carrying out assigned functions
- Train staff to improve performance to meet sales objectives and client satisfaction
- Provide leadership to the staff to enable effective and consistent sales behaviours that supports customer engagement
- Ensure excellent service is delivered to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction
- Review reports from staff and identify challenges
- Resolve customer complaints in a timely manner
- Liaise with HR to hire, train, and oversee new staff
- Create business strategies to attract new customers, expand store traffic, and enhance profitability
- Ensure the store complies with health and safety regulations
- Prepare detailed reports on buying trends, customer requirements, revenue, profits.
- Perform other tasks as assigned
- BSc / HND in Business Administration or related field
- At least 4 years ‘working experience in a retail environment or related field
- Solid proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with sales software
- Customer service-oriented with in-depth knowledge of basic business management processes
- Ability to draft written sales reports of daily/weekly/monthly.
- High level of accuracy, efficiency and accountability.
- Strong leadership and customer management abilities.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
N150,000 – N180,000 monthly.
29th November, 2022.