Marriott International is a leading global Lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in the fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
Job Position: Supervisor – Banquet Operations
Job Number: 22119530
Job Location: Marriott Hotel Ikeja, Lagos
Brand: Marriott Hotels Resorts
Position Type: Non-Management
Job Category: Food and Beverage & Culinary
- Ensure staff is working together as a team. Inspect grooming and attire of staff and rectify any deficiencies. Communicate with guests, other employees, or departments to ensure guest needs are met.
- Respond to and try to fulfill any special banquet event arrangements.
- Set up banquet area/room, ensuring cleanliness and proper set up of furniture/equipment. Inspect and maintain table set-ups for cleanliness, neatness, and agreement with group requirements and company standards, and resolve any problems.
- Document pertinent information in the appropriate department logbook.
- Assist management in hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, counseling, disciplining, and motivating and coaching employees.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, and support the team to reach common goals.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to the manager; and complete safety training and certifications.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintain the confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests’ service needs, assist individuals with disabilities, and thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language, and answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance and objects weighing in excess of 75 pounds with assistance.
- Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces as well as up and down stairs and/or service ramps.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online