Marriott International’s portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels. Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International’s luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
- Job Position: Supervisor – Audio Visual
- Job Number: 21019811
- Job Location: Marriott Hotel Ikeja, Lagos
- Job Category: Event Management
- Brand: Marriott Hotels Resorts
- Schedule: Full-Time
- Position Type: Non-Management
- Verify that AV equipment needed is in the inventory before the event. Set-up, operate and troubleshoot all equipment, devices, and systems.
- Ensure all equipment is fully operational, repair/clean when necessary.
- Tape down / dress loose wire / cable.
- Label broken equipment. Check delivered equipment and room set-up against Banquet Event Order.
- Communicate additions or deletions to flowsheets. Break-down, remove, and secure equipment. Set-up and maintain the property’s portable audio system.
- Operate and maintain the house audio system.
- Assist and instruct guests/customers regarding proper usage/operation of AV equipment.
- Up-sell AV services. Monitor equipment operation.
- Read, understand, and adhere to Marriott Visual Productions (MVP program) SOP book.
- Assist management in hiring, training, motivating, and coaching employees; and serve as a role model and first point of contact of the Guarantee of Fair Treatment / Open Door Policy process.
- Follow company policies and procedures.
- Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions; and complete safety training and certifications.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintain the confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets.
- Welcome and acknowledge guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests’ service needs, and thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language and prepare and review written documents accurately and completely.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships, support team to reach common goals, and listen and respond appropriately to employees’ concerns.
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards; and identify, recommend, develop, and implement new ways to increase organizational efficiency, productivity, quality, safety, and/or cost-savings.
- Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines. Reach, grasp, turn, manipulate, move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Enter and locate information using computers / POS systems.
- Move up and down stairs/service ramps. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.