Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international, private, non-governmental, non-profit humanitarian organization. Our organization offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters, to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. We have been working in Nigeria since February 1996. A Memorandum of Understanding between Medecins Sans Frontieres and the Federal Government of Nigeria facilitates this. We are at present co-operating with the Federal Ministry of Health, State and Local Government departments of health on various health projects.
- Job Position: Supervisor, Medical Data Entry
- Job Location: MSF OCA, Benue Project
Main Objective and Responsibility of the Position
- Ensure completion of all activities related to medical data entry and data management into the Project database. Supervise, organize and plan the activity of Data Entry operators (if any), as well as identify their training needs in order to provide good service support and reliability of the data collected.
- Supervise, organize and plan the activity of Data Entry officer to have a reliable record of medical activity performed, as well as identify their training/technical support needs in order to provide good service support and reliability of the data collected.
- Do the tasks of the Data Entry Operator if there is none.
- Ensure collation and entry of all data identified by project managers for collection (e.g. morbidity, mortality, surveillance of diseases of epidemics, nutrition, psychological and women health, etc) into the appropriate data management system while ensuring the quality of data
- Do quality control of data officers performance on regular basis
- Know and ensure proper use of software used for recording (i.e. SGBV, ASH, MH, Epi Info, etc.).
- Ensure accuracy of the medical data entered into the Benue project database on a regular basis, according to MSF protocols, and ensure regular back-ups.
- Provide technical support to data entry officers/operators in project intervention sites and give a response to their training needs.
- Provide regular statistical reports for the medical team as well as informing the MAM of any missing information, major changes or big differences in data
- In collaboration with the MAM and MTL, participate in the recruitment and evaluation of data entry operators.
- In collaboration with the MAM, MTL and flying epidemiologist participate in the planning and implementation of Benue emergency preparedness training for emergency pool staff. This involves preparing and making a presentation on the epidemiology and data collection aspect of the training.
- Report any challenges encountered in the collection and entry of data to the MAM, MTL, and flying epidemiologist.
- Ensure medical staff in different locations/involved in different activities are collected and recorded properly. Identify the training needs for improvement of the data collection system and provide training to the staff concerned not only limited to data entry supervisor.
- To be responsible for weekly/monthly passive surveillance reports and document meetings and feedback to health authorities as required.
- Track and keep records of Benue explos, meetings, and training.
To apply for this role applicants MUST meet the following criteria:
- Essential: Essential proven computer literacy, secondary education or qualifications either in administration, data entry or in statistics.
- Desired: Degree in Information and Technology (IT).
- Essential: Working experience of at least one year with MSF.
- Essential knowledge of the use of computers including the processing of documents (Word, Excel).
- Desirable knowledge of medical statistics databases.
- Fluent in English (verbal/ written) and knowledge of Tiv desirable
- Results, teamwork, flexibility, commitment, service, Ability to work in a strict procedural framework, Ability to deal with confidentiality, Discrete, Diplomatic, Accuracy and attention to details, Ability to coach others.
20th January 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview
- MSF is an equal opportunities employer and promotes diversity within the organization