Unilever Nigeria Plc – Welcome to Unilever, a global multinational and fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) company with products sold in over 190 countries and more than 2 billion consumers across the world who use our amazing products every day!
- Job Position: Supply Chain Lead, Tea Business
- Job Number: 2100018C
- Job Location: Nigeria-Lagos State-Lagos-Oregun – Head Office
- Job Field: Supply Chain
- Job Type: Regular
- Shift: Day Job
- Job Schedule: Full-time
About the Tea Business
- Unilever is proud of its Tea business, the biggest in the world, with world-class purpose-driven brands such as Lipton, PG tips and Pukka. Recently, Unilever decided to separate the Tea business to ensure it can best achieve its potential. Unilever is currently reviewing several options for separation, including a demerger, an initial public offering, disposal, or through partnership models. The Tea businesses in India and Indonesia and the partnership interests in the ready-to-drink Tea joint ventures will be retained.
- The balance of the Tea brands and geographies and all Tea estates, with generated revenues of €2 billion in 2019, is growing and profitable with proven potential both pre- and post-COVID-19. As a standalone entity, the Tea company remains number one in the world and is even better positioned to lead the industry and take full advantage of the opportunities in the category, with more focus and entrepreneurship driving greater growth and value.
- The current vision for the Tea company is to champion a tastier, healthier, more sustainable world of plant-based drinking. Purposeful thinking will be the core anchor of the business, its brands as well as its culture, and enables simple and agile decision making, supports an entrepreneurial mindset and is driven by a passion for our consumers.
- As we move through this journey towards separation, we are seeking employees with a passion for exciting entrepreneurial experiences, who want to pursue unique career opportunities, and who have a desire to be an integral part of building the bright future of this plant-based company.
- The Supply Chain Lead is responsible for the local go-to-market supply chain of the Tea business in Nigeria. Nigeria is a sales office market and many of the supply chain activities will be delivered through a distributor(s).
- This role will need to build good operational relationships with the distributor(s), leveraging the 3rd party’s reach whilst delivering a broad range of supply chain functions including demand planning, quality, logistics, and business partnering.
- Partner with the Nigeria sales unit with supply chain expertise to deliver on the market’s goals
- Deliver target customer service at optimal total supply chain cost and working capital levels
- Support the market through excellence in demand planning and resolving demand-supply imbalances
- Drive the right level of product quality to win in the marketplace
- Employ an appropriate management style to deliver in a small, agile business by setting tough goals and involving everyone across the supply chain and in TeaCo’s key distributor partner(s)
- Oversee the local implementation of TeaCo’s global supply chain strategy into the market
- In first years after Day 1, work together with Unilever on various Transitional Services Agreements including TSA exit planning and alignment.
Stakeholder Management and key interfaces:
- This role reports to the Supply Chain Director for Africa
- Business partnering the Nigeria Sales Leadership
- Member of the extended AMET MU SCLT.
The qualities we look for in you:
The Tea business is made up of a special blend of individuals which makes our teams exciting and diverse. To be part of our tea family we are looking for individuals who think Green and are environmentally conscious, who understand the power of simplicity, and who are accountable for their actions. We want those who infuse mastery and passion in everything they do to create great products and unforgettable experiences for our consumers:
- Ability to quickly move between large scale strategic decision making and deploying tactical resources to solve short-term supply chain challenges
- Highly adaptable and entrepreneurial
- A passionate networker
- Driven by innovation and strong change affinity
- Embrace a high growth mindset with strong love for consumers, shoppers, and customers
- Have strong communication, negotiation and influencing skills with diverse, multi-functional stakeholders
- End to end management, ability to understand the big picture but also comfortable with details and managing the operations
- Independent, self-starter, ability to discover opportunities and grow the business.
Skills and Experience:
- At least 6 years prior experience in a similar role in a supply chain or manufacturing environment
- FMCG background a MUST
- A proven track record in leadership
- Project management skills
- Change management skills.
What’s in it for you?
- We believe that growth is for everyone, we believe in growing leaders and making space to grow an owner’s mentality and like nature we adapt, we change and we grow.
- We believe in connections over hierarchies and (work)levels.
- We have a ‘corporate start-up’ approach; we act with speed and agility and we have the strength and scale of a large corporation.
- We are building a better world of wellbeing and a better you.
2nd March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Excited about the Role?
- Please apply online. Your application will be reviewed against our requirements and we will be in touch to provide you with an update on the status of your application.