Schneider Electric – As the Global Specialist in Energy Management™ and market leader in industrial automation and software, Schneider Electric enables people to experience and transform efficiency where they live and work; from home to enterprise, across the grid and the city. Focused on making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green, the Group brings a world where innovative individuals use collaborative solutions to make the most of their energy, while using less of the common planet.
Job Position: Supply Chain Manager – SSA
Job Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company!
- Process Automation is a global business unit building value in today’s ever-changing industrial world by forging new connections among people, processes, and technologies.
- Schneider Electric’s process automation solutions help our customers to drive their operations to a higher value with a vast portfolio of proven Schneider Electric technology and expertise.
- An exciting opportunity has arisen within our Process Automation business unit for a Supply Chain Manager to join our team in Nigeria, operating as part of the North Europe and Sub-Saharan Africa Cluster.
- The successful candidate will manage, develop, and oversee the Supply Chain function within the Nigerian & Sub-Sahara African regions whilst maintaining solid cross-functional relationships, ensuring and maintaining a customer-driven ethos and continuously improving our total cost of acquisition performance.
- The role encompasses responsibility for Project Resale materials & services, non-Project purchasing, Logistics, management of Facilities and other functional areas as required by the business.
- An essential element of the role will be formulating risk management strategies and participating with stakeholders to review and mitigate risks within the business.
- The role is designed to offer development opportunities, place the employee at the heart of strategic initiatives and provide exposure to other business disciplines.
- Provide leadership to the African procurement team.
- Promote integrity, professionalism, and adherence to Schneider Electric’s ethical standards.
- Drive continuous improvement in all areas of supply chain activity and participate in improvement initiatives throughout the organisation.
- Issue Requests for Quotation (RFQs) as necessary to support project pursuit opportunities.
- Perform bid analysis and make recommendations in collaboration with relevant stakeholders.
- Leverage global supply chain resources and knowledge to deliver best-in-class solutions.
- Manage inter-company purchases in line with corporate objectives.
- Manage logistics and inventory per project requirements to minimise cost, increase efficiency and reduce obsolescence.
- Manage Warehouse functions as necessary to optimise service to internal customers and ensure compliance with health and safety rules.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements, including import/export tariffs and documentation, trade compliance, customs, and revenue.
- Manage and undertake expediting activities across all third-party and inter-company supply chains.
- Management of the Facilities function, including all third-party contracts to provide adequate protection.
- Management of other functional areas as required by the business, including quality, HSE, etc.
- Degree or equivalent qualification in a Business discipline administration or engineering.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in a senior position with responsibility for procurement of:
- Project-related materials and services.
- Sub-contract services & out-sourcing.
- Experience working for a global, multi-cultural organisation.
- Ability to think strategically with a track record of implementing strategic initiatives.
- Strong knowledge of procurement practices, regulations, contract types, contractual terms and conditions,
- Experience in international sourcing and development of global supplier relationships.
- Strong track record in managing and leading teams.
- Strong team player with experience in participation in cross-functional team improvement activities.
- Experience in using integrated ERP systems, including procurement tools such as SRM.
- Project management and problem-solving skills with the ability to demonstrate a track record of achievements to date
- A good team player with a passion for excellence and driving improvements. Is customer-focused and has a sense of urgency to resolve issues timely and effective.
You can look forward to growing your career in a dynamic workplace with significant personal responsibility and attractive development opportunities:
- Flexible working models to ensure a balance of family and working life.
- Optimal support on your career path through regular training opportunities.
- A dynamic and personal atmosphere, working with a globally energised team.
- A company culture that encourages performance and cooperation.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- At Schneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of our organisation; it’s an integral part of our history, culture and identity. We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration.
- Please submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
- You know about us, so let us learn about you! Apply today.