Smiling Hearts Initiatives (SHI) International is a non-governmental, nonprofit organization founded in Nigeria and has been operational since 2016 as Zumunchi Hearts Initiative International before its official registration with the CAC on the 10th October 2018 as Smiling Hearts Initiative International (SHI Int.) SHI Int. is committed to immediate humanitarian relief and support to those in urgent need and also protects dignity of persons affected by natural deserter, violence crime or any other emergency. Independent, private and nonprofit, Nigerian base NGO SHI Int’l (operating under the Nigerian law) respects a strict political and religious impartiality, and operates following principles of non-discrimination, transparency, according to its core values: Compassion, Equality, Diversity, Integrity, Team Work and Responsiveness
SHI Int’l teams are devoted to supporting vulnerable communities throughout the world and accompanying them in building a better future by providing a response adapted to specific needs. We provide aid to populations affected by crisis using an approach that is local and global, multidisciplinary and adapted to each context. By ensuring the link between Emergency, Rehabilitation and Development, SHI Int’l teams guaranty that interventions made in a situation of crisis are useful and sustainable, because only long term support – by remaining in the area post emergency and involving communities – can end the poverty cycle and accompany populations on the road to better society and enhancing good development strongly focusing in the sectors of Education, Protection,WASH, CCCM, Livelihood, Health, Shelter, Psycho-social support, NFI, Food security/GFD, Community Development in the area of operations.
Job Position: Supply Chain Officer
Job Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The Supply Chain Officer is accountable for the timely and efficient procurement of goods and supplies in accordance with timescales set and agreed with Team Lead and SHI policies, and procedures.
- She/he will be responsible for undertaking the responsibilities of operational procurement and supply chain, and managing the preparation of the Procurement process in all steps and stages, especially when it comes to purchasing orders and contracts. Advice on best sources of supply in coordination with the Team Lead and Finance.
- Verify purchase requests ensuring all required information is provided. Process Purchase Requests using Pre-Qualified Supplier (PQS) lists and carry out comparative bid analysis, Procurement committees, and PO processes. She/he will ensure that items procured match programmatic requests and are of good quality and value for money.
- Ensuring that all procurement is carried out in line with appropriate processes, procedures, and documentation in line Smiling Hearts Initiatives Int. policies and where required to do so donor rules.
- Making sure that order schedules and delivery lead times are met, if not, inform in advance all those that may be affected by the delay.
- Ensuring that approved suppliers and framework agreements are used at all times during procurement of goods
- Developing and maintaining price lists of all commonly used program supplies
- Ensuring that Procurement Requisition has all the necessary information filled including charge code and required signatures.
- Providing support and direction to the head driver in transport management and ensuring that they are executed in line with SHI guidelines.
- Maintaining and updating all required records and paperwork for vehicles and drivers.
- Managing fuel and maintenance contracts as needed.
- Ensuring that planned preventive maintenance is carried out on both vehicles and generators to a high standard with minimum disruption to program activities.
- Ensuring that all drivers are briefed on and adhere to Smiling Hearts Initiatives policies and procedures.
- Ensuring that the office asset register is well maintained
- Ensuring that all assets have been issued a unique identification number and tracked on a central Asset Register,
- Regularly updating the asset register whenever transfers, disposal, changes in condition, and procurement take place with details of that transfer, disposal, etc.
- Coordinating a full physical verification of asset register at least once a year to verify that the assets are in place and their condition.
- Ensuring that all incoming and outgoing stock is controlled according to SHI procedures and that all appropriate paperwork is in place.
- Making proper arrangements for receiving and dispatching commodities.
- Ensuring that regular stock reconciliation is carried out and any discrepancies are properly investigated and reported to the budget holders.
- Ensuring that all incoming and outgoing stock that are targeted for beneficiary distributions and program use are captured by the Supply Chain Assistant
- Endorsing for approval stock movements that have been captured by the Supply Chain Assistant
- Ensuring that Physical inventory are properly reconciled and are always balancing.
- Performs any other duties and tasks, which are commensurate with the responsibilities and level of the post
Administrative & General Skills:
- Degree in Public or Business Administration or related field.
- 3 – 5 years of work experience with INGO with progressive responsibility in Supply Chain and administration
- Strong organizational and management skills including problem-solving;
- Representational skills;
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English;
- Willingness and ability to work in a collaborative and inclusive manner;
- Self-motivated and creative.
2nd April, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: SHI is an equal opportunity organization with high regards to gender, as such female qualified candidates are highly encouraged to apply.