ipNX Nigeria Limited is one of Nigeria’s fastest growing Information and Communications Technology companies. In our business, we connect everything – people, information, and services.
We are specialized in network connectivity, and delivery of internet, telephony, television as well as cloud-based software application services to corporate and residential customers.
Job Title: Systems Administrator
- Job ID: 90
- Job Location: Lagos
- Department: Information Systems and Technology
- Function: System Administration
- Reporting to: Head, System Operations
- Travel Frequency: Occasional
Purpose of the Job
- Responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems (hardware and software) and related infrastructure to enable continuous innovation within the information systems landscape
Expected Key Results:
- Network Infrastructure Uptime/Availability Administer server infrastructure in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements
- Identify and promote best systems administration practices and patterns
- Perform continuous system/network monitoring
- Provide Tier II/other support
- Participate in disaster recovery planning and testing
- Identify approaches that leverage resources and provide economies of scale
- Minimum 2.2/Upper Credit Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Information Technology / Computer Science
- Professional Qualification (CCNA, ITIL, LPIC/CompTIA, etc.) an added advantage
- Ability to leverage technology to develop and enhance functional competencies
- Systems Administrative role in Linux environment
- Knowledge of networking and network monitoring/management
- Database Management – MySQL, MSSQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle an added advantage.
- Linux, Windows Server, Solaris administration experience necessary, in that order of preference
- Experience with scripting, installation and migration concepts – in Bash, Perl, Python
- Virtual Infrastructure administration experience with KVM or VMware highly desired. Storage Area Network administration experience a plus
- Experience administering a centralized data backup and recovery infrastructure, including installation and configuration of open source data backup solutions like Bacula, BareOS, etc.
- Experience deploying and administering web servers – Apache/Nginx/Tomcat
- Working knowledge of cloud technologies like Ovirt, OpenStack a plus
- Experience with Dev/Ops tooling to build, configure and deploy, a plus
- Experience with configuration management tools (Chef, Ansible, Salt Stack or Puppet) a plus
- Working knowledge of WHM/cPanel (website admin panel) and Relational Database Management Systems like MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.
- Experience supporting a high traffic customer facing website infrastructure
- Experience administering and troubleshooting load balancing appliances in a production environment
- Sound understanding and extensive experience in network management
- Previous years of experience working in an ISP environment, a plus.
- Ability to document and implement processes to increase efficiency, productivity, reliability and scalability
- Project management skills a definite asset
- Strong understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
- Problem solver
- Ability to work under pressure
- Customer Focus
- Tech savvy
- Team Work
- Action orientation
- Drive results
- Cultivate Innovation
- Ability to optimize work processes
- Nimble Learning.
31st March, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online