At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our digital way of life. It’s inspired by our vision: a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t simple statements. They won’t be easy either – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for the better. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the nature of cybersecurity as we are.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven’t been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyber threat.
- Job Position: Systems Engineer
- Job Location: Abuja, Nigeria (Employees can work remotely)
- Department: Systems Engineering
- As a Systems Engineer, you’ll enable sales engagements into a set of large new enterprise accounts.
- You will play a key role in navigating complex accounts in order to generate and deliver winning proposals, contract bids, statements of work, and RFI/RFP responses.
- It is business-critical to meet and exceed sales quotas by building and implementing strategic account plans targeting enterprise-wide deployments of the Palo Alto Networks Next-Generation Security Platform.
- Establish yourself as a trusted advisor to prospects and customers working with your Account Manager and the local partners within your territory
- Identify and document specific problems with prospective and current customers which can be solved through the deployment of integrated solutions
- Architect and propose validated solutions that address the identified cybersecurity problems in each unrivaled environment
- Ensure ongoing customer happiness, support, and adoption
- Continuous self-improvement and learning to maintain technical leadership of applicable technologies (data center, SDN, public cloud, security, networking, etc.)
- Understand and effectively differentiate against our top competitors
- Act as the customer advocate for any issues that require technical assistance and follow up with the customer until the issue is resolved.
- As part of our Systems Engineering team, you’ll support the sales team with technical expertise and guidance when establishing trust with key clients.
- You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development.
- As a member of our systems engineer team, you are driven by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredible complex cyber threats.
- B.S in Computer Science or equivalent
- 4+ years of experience as a successful pre-sales SE, systems integrator, or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of Palo Alto Networks products, with a focus on Next-Generation Firewall and some comparative technologies; Continuous technical development
- Experience with systems installation, configuration, and administration of routers/switches, UNIX/Linux, and Windows-based systems
- Experience that emphasizes L2-L4 Networks (L2 Switching architectures including Spanning Tree, IP routing that includes OSPF and BGP, and L4 Load balancing)
- Understand and effectively present our security platform to technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong analytical skills to evaluate complex multivariate problems and find a systematic approach to gain a quick resolution, often under duress
- Mature and effective time-management skills
- Prior experience selling network infrastructure-based security appliances, including but not limited to: Firewalls, SSL/IPSec VPNs, Security Proxies, and Caches
- Familiarity working with Channel partners and understanding of a channel-centric market approach
- Previous work in the enterprise networking security space
- Experience and knowledge of modern network threats and malware, network forensics, automation tools and technologies, and endpoint security technologies
- Significant industry certifications (SANS, CISSP, CCIE, etc).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online