WTS Energy provides recruitment and manpower services for the global oil and gas and energy industries. We supply engineers and consultants to our clients’ projects and operations, and perform employment outsourcing services such as workforce management in oil and gas regions around the world. WTS Energy operates globally with offices in 14 countries and is operational in over 50 countries.
Job Title: Tax & Treasury Manager
Job Location: Nigeria
- Provision of tax advice and tax planning.
- Provide appropriate tax planning and tax advice through the project life cycle (from bid to execution to exit), including working with project teams and Finance to ensure proper implementation, and follow through with required tax compliance.
- Liaise with Tax, local and corporate Finance depts., as well as external advisers as necessary.
- Compliance with applicable tax laws.
- Review/assistance with corporate income tax correspondence, tax audits, tax appeals.
- Review/assistance with transfer pricing documentation and compliance.
- Review/assistance with tax procedures and processes.
- Liaise with Tax, local and corporate Finance depts., external advisors and tax authorities as necessary.
- Review/assistance and timely recording of return to provision adjustments.
- Review and advise on tax reporting procedures and processes.
- Liaise with Tax, local and corporate Finance depts., external advisers and external auditors as necessary.
- Weekly forecasting of short-term and medium-term cash flow expectations.
- Weekly reporting of cash position and cash forecast to regional Finance and Operations management.
- Flagging any upcoming funding requirements in the short to medium term.
- Daily monitoring of bank activity and setting up electronic payments as required.
- Recording of cash disbursements in the finance system.
- Preparing weekly AP payments proposal list for review with the Financial Controller.
- Previewing bank reconciliations weekly to identify and resolve any unrecorded transactions.
- Working with the overseas Corporate Treasury team in cash forecasting, funding movements, and maintenance of bank accounts.
- Maintaining relationships with the banks in region.
- Managing the company’s credit card program.
- Performing Finance validation of new vendor registrations and setting up bank beneficiary templates.
- Preparing credit applications when requested from new vendors.
- BA in Accounting or Finance.
- Master’s Degree in Tax or Accounting.
- Ten (10) plus years corporate tax or combination tax and accounting experience.
- Corporate income tax specialist with a multi-national engineering services firm is a plus.
- Ability to research tax issues and write up position memos.
- Able to recognize, analyze, and understand transactions for tax implications.
- Ability to research, assess, and explain tax concepts and issues especially to non-tax personnel.
- Pays attention to detail and implications for other reports and functions.
- Able to accommodate a work pattern that may require occasional evening hours during quarterly reporting periods.
- Combination of Big 4 public accounting and industry experience in the tax department of a multi-national company in the energy, engineering or construction sectors.
- Experience working on multi-office execution strategies on large EPC projects.
- Exposure to various countries’ tax regimes.
- Experience using provisioning software.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 with advanced Excel skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online