Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc has been a part of the lives of Nigerians at home and abroad. Our global vision is to be a leading foods company in Africa providing high quality and affordable products in the most convenient ways to consumers through world-class brands like Golden Penny Flour, Golden Penny Semovita, Goldenvita, Golden Pasta, and Golden Noodles. The Company’s flagship brand, Golden Penny, remains one of the best known and the preferred brands amongst bakers, confectioneries, and consumers in Nigeria.
- Job Position: Tax Manager – Finance
- Job Location: Apapa, Lagos
- Review and reconcile general ledger entries for tax implications; provide corrective and improvement measures accordingly.
- Ensure compliance, timely filing, and remittance of all taxes and levies (such as Expatriate PAYE, VAT, WHT, CIT, ET, business premises levy, development levy, etc.) within the government time frame.
- Manage relationships with tax authorities and consultants and supervise all tax audits.
- Provide a comprehensive report on every tax audit exercise and give a regular status update on tax cases, remittances, levies, fees, payments to agents, and consultants.
- Provide innovative tax management, planning, and tax-savings strategies, backed with statistical data and/or analysis.
- Be abreast with all tax regulations and new promulgation/enactments and advise finance management accordingly.
- Provide advisory support to Food Division and Business Units on tax matters as may be required.
- Apply a holistic approach to determine the impact on various taxes and ensure that tax position is optimized.
- Review contracts for commercial and regulatory compliance and efficiency.
- Ensure all tax queries and correspondences are responded to, and appropriate steps are taken to avoid penalties due to non-compliance.
- First degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Professional Certification is required e.g, ICAN, ACCA
- Minimum of seven (7) years cognate experience in a similar role.
- Consulting or FMCG background from a multinational is an added advantage
The Person Must:
- Be proactive and have excellent organizational skills.
- Have problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Be comfortable with at least 50% travel on the job
25th February 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.