Stears Business is an intelligence startup of 25+ people using data to answer questions about Africa. Our mission is to become the world’s most trusted provider of African data & insight to global businesses, finance, and policy professionals. We make this possible by integrating all our intelligence (news & analysis, proprietary data, aggregated public data, licensed data, forecasts, and reports) into a searchable platform, complemented by a rich mobile experience. Our customers currently pay for access to Stears’ intelligence through a web platform, that includes daily insight and data. Our experts are always ready to answer client data questions about any sector, market or African country.
Job Position: Technical Recruiter
Job Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Support technical hiring process by building talent pipeline, managing communication, schedules and hiring documentation
- Post technical vacancies on our ATS and market them using referrals, channels, communities, networks and events
- Source top technical talent online to build a funnel of qualified candidates for a quickly scaling and dynamic global team
- Engage and captivate the interest of high-quality candidates and convert those candidates into hires
- Partner closely with recruiters and hiring managers to run an efficient and seamless and enjoyable interview process
- Schedule candidate interviews in a timely and accurate manner
- Manage candidate experience and create memorable interactions by giving timely feedback
- Conduct reference check calls, make hiring recommendations to hiring managers and and send offer letters
- Coordinating the various tasks to ensure a consistent data collection towards active sourcing, candidate application review, referral actioning, interview pass-through rates and hiring goals.
- Handle other tasks as directed by the People Operations Lead.
We are looking for who has:
- A Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Human Resources, Organisational Development, or related field.
- At least 2 years experience in a Technical Talent Acquisition or Recruitment related role in a fast-paced, high-growth startup company
- Great research skills i.e. you are great at researching candidates and their previous employers online and have a very strong interest in talent acquisition and personal career trajectories
- A high comfort level speaking with and selling to others
- An active network, key contacts, and is engaged in technical communities
- Strong organizational, oral & written communication skills
- Experience with managing relationships with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- The ability to plan and prioritize own work under tight deadlines, as well as to work on own initiative and as a member of a team. This involves long-term planning and clear instructions.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- High intelligence and problem-solving skills
- Intermediate project management skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online