Standard Bearers School was established at a time when the educational system in Nigeria was going through a difficult phase. While there seemed to be a proliferation of schools at the time, quality standards were fast diminishing. SBS opened its doors on January 7th, 1997 with a small group of committed teachers and a few pupils. The idea to establish SBS was borne out of the desire of the founder to create a school where academic and creative talents were given similar priorities.
SBS is a family school that offers holistic education to parents seeking a technology driven, 21st century education for their children. We are lifelong learners who belong to a community where all individuals are valued and supported on their journey to self- discovery.
At SBS, we are committed to giving our students a solid foundation and an excellent start to life. Hence, we encourage and guide them to become independent, confident and responsible members of the community.
Job Title: Technician / Site Supervisor
Location: Lekki, Lagos
- We are seeking a technician who will manage, direct, and install electrical wiring and installation for all building projects.
- In this position, you will work with contractors, builders, and architects, and will install and maintain electrical wiring systems, circuitry, and follow safety practices and standards codes to meet high-quality standards.
- You will review and compare pricing, document materials needed and used, and track changes to plans.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor and analyze electrical systems in the school
- Collaborate with facility manager and engineers to determine the best placement of electrical wiring
- Test devices for improvement, safety, and quality control
- Update older electrical systems for changes, cost reductions, improvements, safety, and quality control
- Repair broken equipment and wiring in the school
- Perform and analyze tests to track results and make improvements
- Work with builders and make recommendations
- Perform calibrations for wire placement and electronic components
- Responsible for all required electrical qualification tests on projects and ensure compliance with all outside parties involved
- Participate in test runs and meet safety regulations
- Modify systems to be environmentally friendly
- Monitors and supervise power plant maintenance
- Monitor all site electrical activities and give daily, weekly and monthly reports
- inspect buildings, equipment, and systems to identify any issues.
- Repair faulty equipment units and damaged structures.
- Develop and implement preventative maintenance procedures.
- Manage heating and plumbing systems to guarantee functionality.
- Plan and schedule repairs.
- Conduct periodic quality checks on equipment and systems to ensure everything is up to standard.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s degree / OND / HND qualification with 3 – 7 years work experience.
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Creative problem solver who thrives when presented with a challenge
- Able to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions
- Flexible and able to multitask on several different aspects of a project or on multiple projects
- Able to take initiative to recommend projects, product improvements, or cost reductions
- In-depth understanding of electrical regulations, construction, materials, and industry
- Strict attention to detail
- Technical school degree and certification for technicians; license as required by state
- Four to five years of experience as a technician, technician apprentice, or relevant work experience
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Excellent communicator; able to understand instructions and communicate effectively
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal property and safety regulations
- Strong mathematical and technical skills
Application Closing Date
12th July, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.