The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
- Job Position: Therapeutic Efficacy Study (TES) Data Manager
- Job Location: Abuja
- Job type: 13-11014
- PMI-S is a five-year PMI / USAID flagship malaria project implemented through a consortium led by MSH. The project is supporting the Government of Nigeria through its agencies at the federal, state, LGA, and community levels to reduce under-five and maternal mortality by delivering quality services for the management of malaria, its complications, and prevention.
- PMI-S project focuses on strengthening the capacity of the National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP) and State Malaria Elimination Programs (SMEPs) for the implementation of the National Malaria Strategic Plan 2014-2020.
- The National Malaria Elimination Programme (NMEP), along with a TES core team, plans to initiate activities for the 2020 TES in March 2020. We are seeking to engage a consultant data manager for the 2020 TES who will receive direction from the TES Core team.
- S / he will oversee data management for the 2020 TES which includes data collection, collation, and analysis as well as coordinating activities of the field data clerks and ensuring timely and accurate completion of data collection, collation, validation, and analysis. The 2020 DTES will be conducted in 4 Sentinel sites across 4 geopolitical zones of the country. The sites identified for the study include Lagos, Cross-River, Sokoto, and Adamawa states.
- Provide feedback during finalization of TES protocol, data collection tools, procedures, job aids, and training materials.
- Oversee data management (collation, validation, analysis, secure storage of source documents).
- Set up and maintain data repository for the study.
- Set up and oversee the data quality assurance system.
- Review data for completeness, accuracy, and timeliness.
- Communicate any concerns or data issues immediately to the TES Coordinator and Core team.
- Liaise directly with the core team on data analysis.
- Assist in preparing the final report. Desired abilities
- Previous experience with data management (collection, collation, validation, analysis)
- Experience in data quality assurance systems
- Experience in data management systems
- Excellent attention to detail, with strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication and ability to identify potential data issues and bring to the attention of TES coordinator in a timely manner
- Excellent report writing skills a plus Key Deliverables
- Data repository for the study
- Data quality assurance protocol
- Collated, cleaned, and validated data set
- Data analysis report
- Review of the final 2020 TES report
- Advanced degree in Social Sciences or related field
- Minimum of 5 years’ post-graduate cognate experience in data management (collection, collation, validation, analysis, and report writing)
- Experience working on a TES as a data manager with demonstrated strong data management and analysis skills will be an added benefit
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online