Citibank Nigeria Limited (CNL) was incorporated in Nigeria on May 2, 1984 and the oldest international bank in the country. It provides a wide range of financial products and services to corporate and commercial customers, financial institutions and public sector organizations. It offers deposit and loan products, global transaction services, cash management, sales and trading, corporate finance and investment banking products.
The company was formerly known as Nigeria International Bank Ltd and changed its name to Citibank Nigeria in 2008. Today it employs about 300 people and operates 12 branches in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Warri, Kano, Bonny, Aba, Lanlate and Ososa. As at December 31, 2016, it had over NGN 600 billion in total assets. Citibank Nigeria is owned by Citibank Overseas Investment Corporation, a subsidiary of Citibank N.A. (USA).
Job Position: Trade Operations Senior Analyst
Job Location: Lagos
- The Trade Operations Senior Analyst is an intermediate-level position responsible for providing analytic and administrative support to various securities-related functions, in coordination with the Transaction Capture team. The overall objective of this role is to support traders, maintain position records, and improve process efficiency.
- Provide support to Treasury and Trade services, Securities, Cash, Trade, Lockbox, Derivatives, Fund Services, Foreign Exchange, etc.
- Open and amend Letters of Credit (L/Cs), process payments and solve customer issues to ensure efficient daily operations
- Provide feedback on project related activities informal guidance or on-the-job-training to new team members
- Oversee responses to requests and deliverables with internal and external clients and vendors
- Utilize knowledge of how own team coordinates with the sub function and contributes to the objectives of the overall business
- Contribute to the development of new techniques and processes and for the area or function
- Evaluate moderately complex and variable issues with substantial potential impact
- Lead ad hoc projects as required
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- To Supervise Trade ops Customer Service sub-unit with the following additional responsibilities.
- Direct interface with clients and their authorized representatives in the area of documents receipt, signature verifications, pre-processing before pushing them for further processing by the outsourced teams.
- Endorsement of shipping documents to Trade clients or their authorized representatives in line with documented procedures. 1,104 shipping documents endorsed between January and March 2023
- Processing of import duties, NESS fees across the counter for Trade Clients, 1,883 import duties were processed between January and March 2023
- Receipt and pre-processing of Final Exchange Control Documents (FECD) and preparing them for scanning to the TCS/Poland processing team. 954 FECDs were processed from January to March 31 2023
- Submission of Form Ms for Clients who are unable to use the Single Window Platform (SWP) for validation by the TCS Form M processing team
- Coordinating the MCA review process for the department
- Departmental records management in line with the records retention schedule.
- Processing of NXP forms and Non-Commercial exports for Clients on the CBN Trade Monitoring System (TRMS).
- Candidate must have a minimum of 15 years post-graduation experience, out of which at least 10 years must have been in the banking industry and at least 3 years as a Senior Manager.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct stakeholder management activities
- Ability to work under pressure and manage to deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Attention to detail and intermediate problem-solving skills
- Effective people management, leadership and development skills
- Bachelor’s Degree / Univeristy Degree or equivalent experience
- Master’s Degree preferred
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online