White Soul Group is a leading Automobile sales and logistics company with presence in over 3 locations across Nigeria. We offer first tier automobile sales and after sales, dedicated haulage and fleet management services.
Job Position: Transport Safety Manager
Location: Calabar, Cross River
- A highly reputable haulage company looking to engage the services of a Trabsport Safety Manager to facilitatecompliance withhealth and safetyguidelines.
- The ideal candidate would be responsible for recruitment and verification of drivers, journey management planning, compliance and monitoring and providing advice on measures to minimize hazards or unhealthy situations.
Key Functions of the Role
- Support the development of safety policies and programs.
- Recruit and train drivers.
- Monitor and ensure compliance to all safety policies.
- Advise and train all other personnel on various safety-related topics i.e. PPE, etc
- Conduct risk assessment and enforce preventative measures
- Inspect premises and the work of personnel to identify issuesor non-conformity (e.g. not using protective equipment).
- Oversee installations, maintenance, disposal of substances etc.
- Stop any unsafe acts or processes that seem dangerous or unhealthy
- Record and investigate incidents to determine causes andhandle worker’s compensation claims.
- Prepare reports on occurrences and provide statistical information to upper management.
- Outline safe operational procedures which identify and take into account all relevant hazards.
- Carry out regular site inspections to check that policies and procedures are being properly implemented.
- Prepare health and safety strategies and develop internal policy
- Lead in-house training with managers and employees about health and safety issues and risks.
- Keep records of inspection findings and produce reports that suggest improvements.
- Record incidents and accidents and produce statistics for managers
- ·Any other duties as may be assigned.
- B.Sc / BA in Safety Management or relevant field is preferred.
- Certificate in health and safety
- Minimum of 7 years of experience working as a Health and Safety Supervisor.
- Experience in the transport/logistics industry is a must.
- Must be located in Calabar or willing to relocate.
Required Job Skills:
- Proven experience assafety officer and working with drivers.
- In depth knowledge of legislation (e.g. OSHA/EPA) and procedures.
- Knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices.
- Experience in writing reports and policies for health and safety.
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics.
- Proficient in MS Office; Working knowledge of safety management information systems is a plus.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Diligent with great attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and explain health and safety topics.
- Must be agile.
30th April, 2022
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email