Fadac Resources and Services – We provide businesses with human capital solutions that can help improve oral performance while reducing employment practice risk. We can assist organizations no matter how large or small to establish, outsource and trouble shoot any human resources functions/ challenges Our belief is that people are the greatest asset in the organization regardless of the business size, industry, and market share. We provide the best professionals backed with solid years of experience and knowledge, and their job is to integrate solutions for your business needs.
- Job Position: Treasury Manager
- Job Location: Lagos
- Oversee the treasury affairs of the business and ensure they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice.
- Monitor and report on the financial health of the business.
- Assist and provide adequate support to the Head of Finance with respect to fund raise, custody of funds, utilization of funds and safety of cash assets.
- Supervises, motivates, and leads teams by identifying roles and providing guidance on service output and quality
- Provide insight and guidance on contemporary Accounting and reporting issues
- Ensure effective and efficient use of resources.
- Supervise all incoming and outgoing banking transactions on behalf of the company
- Recommend and implement necessary controls and policies to safeguard cash assets of the business (covering receipt, custody and disbursement of cash and other financial information)
- Coordinate the process of fund raise and provide all required information in conjunction with the Financial Adviser
- Review statements and provide advice on issues pertaining to business finance
- Advice the business on changing macro & micro economic indices and contemporary financial regulations as may be applicable to the business.
- Ensure appropriate working capital is available to run the day to day activities of the business
- Oversee vendor payment systems in line with agreed payment terms.
- Advice the business regarding investments and loans
- Liaise with relevant partners and management team to ensure the financial viability of the organization.
- Oversee the process of deployment of POS to all outlets
- Ensure proper reconciliation of sales proceeds and implement necessary controls to ensure sales proceeds are fully remitted to the company accounts (cash, mobile money operators, POS, and other payment channels)
- Ensure proper filing and safe keeping of financial records.
- Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures and controls are in place covering but not limited to the following
- Prepare/provide information required for monthly and quarterly cashflow forecasts.
- Maintain the petty cash system and regularly process petty cash claims.
- Regularly carry out reconciliations/ oversee regular reconciliations of all bank account and ensure timely resolution of all reconciling items.
- Make the necessary arrangements to collect payments from debtors and bank payments promptly.
- Prepare, quarterly and yearly reports to regulatory bodies i.e.SEC on fund utilization (when necessary and where applicable)
- Ensure all treasury transactions are posted timely and reconciliation of GL and sub -GL accounts.
- Ensure vendor cheques are confirmed timely to banks.
- Perform and document periodic risk assessment for treasury unit and work with Internal Control on updating risk register.
- Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures and controls are in place, i.e. Records of cheque signatories
- Signing limits
- Petty cash/ float
- Salary payments
- PAYE and other regulatory payments
- Vendor payments
- Capital expenditures
- Establish reporting procedures and ensure compliance with regulatory guidelines
- Ensure that appropriate finance systems are maintained and that all procedures/controls are implemented
- Ensure that all accounting records are in compliance with the approved policies and accounting standards
- Oversee the proper maintenance of the organization’s accounting records and ensure compliance with tax and taxation agencies, including all other statutory and regulatory requirements
- Ensure timely remittance of all statutory deductions to the relevant bodies (e.g. pension and taxes) and manage the interface between the Organisation and its external auditors.
- Ensure that direct reports are suitably motivated by providing them with: a sense of achievement, responsibility for decision making and recognition of achievement
- Directly responsible for the development of direct reports, support in competence and career Management
Key Performance Indicators:
- Provision of Daily cash report
- Provision of Timely Bank Reconciliation Report devoid of long outstanding reconciling items
- Accuracy of treasury reports, fund balances, etc
- Ratio of investment income to idle cash
- Time is taken to create month-end accounting journals for all treasury transactions
- Accuracy of cash forecast
- Rate of compliance with internal controls especially on payments
- Accuracy of forecasted investment income
- Timely provision of audit requirements (external and internal)
- A good first degree in Accounting or Banking & Finance
- Possession of a Postgraduate degree in Accounting/Business Administration or related field is an added advantage
- Minimum of 8 years in Audit or core Finance role with at least 3 years in Management capacity.
- Membership of the ACCA, ICAN, CIS or any other related professional qualification is required.
- Knowledge of financial reporting and analysis
- Knowledge and experience of fundraising finance practice
- Knowledge of capital markets, accounting and business finance
- Knowledge of relevant Software Application
- Industry Knowledge
- Numerical Analysis
- Knowledge of Financial Analysis & Interpretation and reporting
- Knowledge of Cash Management Principles
- Knowledge of banking systems and processes
- Knowledge of Risk Management
30th April 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online