Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard-earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
Job Position: Treasury Officer
Reference No: Finance-Obajana-002
Location: Obajana, Kogi
Category: DCP – Finance
- Manage DCP’s liquidity and cash flow ensuring business needs are met in a cost-effective and prudent manner.
- Manage and oversee funds requests, transfers and payment processing and relationship management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the plant’s daily cash flows/ liquidity and ensure the availability of funds to meet the company’s operations and all likely contingencies.
- Prepare cash forecasts and manage cash flows/cycles ensuring availability of adequate funds to meet DCP’s daily operational requirements.
- Identify the need and request funds from Group Treasury as required.
- Recommend strategies for raising necessary funds to facilitate the realisation of the Plant’s operational and corporate objectives.
- Validate all supplier and vendor payments and ensure that all requests for payment are supported with valid invoices/ receipts and other supporting documents in line with DCP’s financial policies.
- Oversee the disbursement of cash ensuring compliance with defined policies and procedures.
- Establish and manage relationships with key bankers and investors.
- Participate/ provide inputs in the review of DCP’s bankers ensuring compliance with Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Manage the unit’s budget, review and approve expenditures as defined in the approved manual of authority
- Continually identify new banking service opportunities and provide recommendations and/ or business case for adoption of such services.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Head, Plant Finance.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Economics or other related disciplines.
- Relevant professional certification (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CFA).
- Minimum of ten (10) years relevant work experience.
- Skills and Competencies
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Strong finance and accounting knowledge, including experience with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Strong data analysis and modelling skills.
- Sound business acumen.
- Good communication skills.
- Good interpersonal and people management skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- High ethical standards and integrity.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online