First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank) is Nigeria’s largest financial services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 10 million customer accounts, FirstBank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services. The Bank has an international presence through its subsidiaries, FBN Bank (UK) Limited in London and Paris, FBNBank DRC, FBNBank Ghana, FBNBank Gambia, FBNBank Guinea, FBNBank Sierra-Leone and FBNBank Senegal, as well as its Representative Offices in Johannesburg, Beijing and Abu Dhabi.
Job Position: Unit Head, Financial and Regulatory Reporting
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly management and financial reports
- Coordinate all external audits e.g. statutory audits, regulatory audits (CBN/NDIC etc)
- Review and approve CBN returns daily for submission
- Develop and maintain documentation of Accounting policies and procedures.
- Establish and execute controls for compliance with the Group’s accounting and financial reporting procedure.
- Develop, support and maintain all financial accounting systems and ensure that they are compliant with IFRS, the Group’s accounting policy and other regulatory requirements.
- Review valuation of financial assets/ liabilities on a regular basis and proposes journals to state them in line with IFRS.
- Ensure that the consolidated financial statements and reports are prepared in accordance with the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), the Group accounting policies and other regulatory reporting requirements.
- Provision of all IFRS disclosures in the financial statements for the annual audit, including the accounting entries and disclosure requirements for specific transactions, such as RBO.
- Provide support to the Accounts unit and ensure that all product manuals are in compliance with IFRS & the Group’s accounting policy before they are approved.
- Provide support to the GL control unit and ensure that all GLs report numbers that are in compliance with IFRS & the Group’s accounting policy and also assess the risk of the GLs that are not compliant.
- Provide support to the subsidiaries’ finance team and ensure that all reports prepared by them are in compliance with IFRS & the Group’s accounting policy and oversee their IFRS implementation.
- Act as an educator of the Bank and Group at large by providing necessary education/ enlightenment on IFRS and implementation of accounting policies.
- Perform in-depth financial analysis of the financial reports
- Provide support to the Bank and Group on Business intelligence, technical accounting issues and guidance on the financial implications of entering complex financial transactions.
- Perform impact assessment of new IFRS & regulatory policies, proposed and final, and assist in their implementation.
- Review and monitoring of monthly Capital adequacy & Liquidity and other regulatory ratios to ensure compliance with regulatory standards.
- Perform relevant ratio computations and advise management on their implications for the financial health of the Bank & Group. Benchmark these ratios against industry players and best standards.
- Perform pre and post-acquisition valuation of subsidiaries and account for business combinations.
- Perform valuation of the Bank’s Intangible Assets.
- Responsible for preparation of the annual deposit certification for statutory NDIC premium computation
- Provides support to other departments on financial reporting related matters
- First Degree in Applied or Social Sciences, Higher Degree / Professional Accounting qualification such as ACCA, ACA, or its equivalent
- At least twelve years post qualification experience, of which four should have been in a managerial role.
2nd June 2022 at 16:30 PM.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online