The Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu-Alike (AE-FUNAI) in Ebonyi State was among the nine new Universities established by the Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan’s administration in February 2011. It is situated in Ikwo Local Government Area of Ebonyi State which is about 25 kilometres from Abakaliki, the State Capital.
The University is deeply committed towards realizing its dream for a world class status where research and innovations are the order of the day. Her philosophy is strictly guided by the desire to raise problem solvers for the nation through the production of highly skilled and motivated graduates.
In accordance with the provisions of the Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act No.11 of 1993 as amended, the Governing Council hereby invites applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
- Job Position: University Librarian
- Job Location: Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi
- The University Librarian is a Principal Officer and responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the overall administration of the University Library systems inclusive of libraries in Colleges, Faculties, Departments and other teaching or research units.
- The University Librarian is also responsible for coordinating and providing library services for the entire University Community.
- The University Librarian is a Principal Officer and the head of the University’s Library.
- Candidate for the post shall be visionary and have the ability to provide good leadership; possess personal integrity and demonstrate transparency in private and public life, and be able to command the respect and loyalty of staff of the University.
- Persons who have served or are currently serving as University Librarian need not apply.
Candidate for this post shall:
- Be professionally qualified or be a practising Librarian.
- Possess a good honours Degree and a PhD in Library and Information Science or any other related discipline from a recognized University, with at least twelve (12) years of cognate experience preferably in a University Library.
- The candidate should have served as Deputy University Librarian or as Reader / Associate Professor in a recognized University.
- Have published in professionally refereed journals to merit the status of a full professor.
- Be a registered member of the Library Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN).
- Be computer literate and proficient in relevant computer applications.
- He or she shall, in particular, possess a thorough understanding of the applications of technologies to library operations and services.
Salary and Conditions of Service
- The University Librarian shall hold office for a single tenure of five (5) years. An extension of one (1) year may be granted by the Governing Council on satisfactory performance and recommendation by the Vice-Chancellor.
- The salary and conditions of service of the University Librarian shall be as obtainable in federal universities in Nigeria.
- Note: The post of the University Librarian which had been advertised earlier, is being re-advertised. Candidates who had applied previously may reapply if they wish.
16th March 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit fifteen (15) copies of their Applications and Curriculum Vitae and photocopies of their credentials. The Curriculum Vitae should highlight the following:
- Full Name (Surname first, in capital letters, followed by a comma)
- Place and Date of Birth
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children (if any)
- E-mail and Telephone number(s)
- Present Postal Address
- Permanent Home Address
- State of Origin and Local Government Area
- Secondary and post-secondary schools attended with dates
- Academic and Professional Qualifications obtained with dates
- Positions held with dates
- Present employment, indicating present status and salary
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Membership of Professional Bodies
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees.
Applications should be submitted under confidential cover in a sealed envelope with the position applied for boldly marked at the top left-hand corner and addressed to:
The Registrar / Secretary to Council,
Alex Ekwueme Federal University Ndufu-Alike,
P.M.B. 1010, Abakaliki,
- It is the responsibility of the candidates to ensure that the Referees’ reports reach the Registrar / Secretary to Council not later than the deadline
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview and further interaction.