Deloitte Nigeria – Our client, an Educational Institution in the Eastern part of Nigeria is looking to recruit highly qualified professionals for the role below:
- Job Position: University Librarian
- Job Location: Imo
In accordance with the University, the University Librarian is a Principal Officer, responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the administration of the University Library and coordination of All Library Services in the University. The University Librarian is a member of the University Management Committee. As an Academic Staff, the University Librarian will be required to provide both academic and administrative leadership to staff members in the University Library
- Applicants for the post of University Librarian, should possess: Ph.D. in Library Science or related field with fifteen (15) years University experience;
- Possession of several scholarly publications, administrative experience and ability to provide academic leadership;
- Candidate must have served for NOT less than five (5) years at the level of Deputy University Librarian in a University or headed a library of comparable institution;
- Advanced Knowledge of ICT is mandatory;
- Membership of relevant professional association is mandatory.
- In consonance with the University Law 2020, the appointment of Registrar, University Bursar and University Librarian is for a single TERM of five  years respectively.
- Also note that the salary and other conditions of service shall be as approved for Registrars, Bursars and librarians of State Universities and by the Governing Council of the University
- Candidates for the positions of Registrar and University Librarian must not be above the age of Fifty-nine (59) years by October 2020
12th February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: In addition to your CV and other relevant documents, please provide a Vision Statement of not more than 500 words relating to the University in his 5-year tenure with particular reference to the administration and control of the financial affairs of the University.