Pulse is Africa’s leading innovative media company, informing and engaging Africa’s young audience and producing content and creative digital marketing solutions for top brands. We run news platforms and social channels and marketing and production in four countries – Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, and Senegal.
We are the platform leading in reach – with over 100 million users and over 100 million video views on our own channels per month. We’re also a marketing partner, empowering brands with our expansive media to reach and 360-degree in-house marketing solutions. Additionally, Pulse is the licensee publisher of the regional Business Insider Africa.
- Job Position: Video Editor / Cinematographer Intern
- Job Location: Lagos
- Pulse is looking for a creative, talented, and digitally-focused Video Editor/Cinematographer intern to join the team. As a Video Editor/Cinematographer Intern, you will support our in-house teams to create compelling and exciting videos that will engage with the Pulse audience, clients and meet marketing strategies and objectives.
- Our ideal candidate has a solid knowledge of camera equipment, lighting, and editing software.
- The Video Editor/Cinematographer Intern is a position we’re hiring for in our Lagos office. The role will report to the Head of Social Video and work very closely with the Editor in chief.
- Assembling and editing Video rushes in a way that it tells a story to the Pulse audience
- Taking a brief to grasp the production team’s needs and specifications
- Trim footage segments and put together in specific aspect ratio for distribution to specific channels
- Input music, dialogues, graphics, and effects
- Create rough and final cuts
- Overall editing responsibilities for quality control – including proofreading and cross-checking facts, spelling, grammar, writing style, design pages, photos, images, sound, color, etc.
- You will be fully responsible for securing appropriate rights, licenses, and clearances for video usage, image usage, and soundtrack usage, as well as fully responsible for all other factual or legal concerns.
- Carry out research; including providing data for infographics.
- All-around support for the Social Video team.
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry best practices to maximize efficiency.
- Any other duties assigned.
Skills that would make a candidate successful in this role:
- 0-1 year of experience in a video editing and/or cinematography position.
- Experience working with any of these video and design software; Adobe Premiere Pro, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, 3ds Max, After Effects
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation, and continuity
- Thorough Knowledge of Audio Production for Podcast
- A lot of energy, passion, and enthusiasm.
Working at Pulse
- The Pulse team is made up of incredible and passionate individuals who go above and beyond to inform and engage our young audience with quality content, also delighting our clients and partners with their creative ability to engage their target audiences.
- As a team, we value creativity and curiosity, which helps us to stay ahead of the curve. Our Pan African team collaborates cross-functionally and values each other’s unique perspectives and opinions – true to our core values of teamwork. We also value trust as a team – both in how we work with each other transparently and how we deliver reliably for our clients. Our editorial and content team leads with credibility in a world of fake news, which our audience values immensely.
- You’ll grow a lot at Pulse because you’ll be assigned responsibilities that challenge you and help you to acquire new skills. We expect high performance, so rest assured you will have the right tools and support to do a great job. We offer you a competitive salary, great insurance cover, and generous time off so that you can take care of your wellbeing – we prefer our team to be energized and productive. As a digital media company, we work partially remotely and partially from the office – we think it’s important for collaboration and team building to still see each other and work together in person occasionally!
Remuneration is competitive.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, a Portfolio / High-Quality sample reel of your work, and a Cover email explaining why you’re a great fit for this role to: [email protected]
Note: Applicants for this role may come from a range of backgrounds, although within the Digital / Creative / Marketing / Advertising industry is preferred. If you’re passionate about this opportunity, but don’t have all of the experience we’re looking for, we would still like to hear from you – please apply and let us know why you’d make a great addition to the Pulse team.