Legit.ng (former NAIJ.com) is a modern Nigerian digital media platform. We are ranked as the 1 news and entertainment platform and the 9th overall most visited website in Nigeria by Alexa ranking.
Job Position: Senior Video Producer / Video Team Lead
Job Location: Nigeria
- Managing a team of video producers, camera operators, video editors.
- Strategic and operational planning for the project.
- Generating ideas for shows and formats on our video platforms as well as strategic long-term planning for the project.
- Overseeing all stages of production and post-production of videos by the team.
- Overseeing adherence to the production and release schedule, content strategy.
- Analyzing the performance of the team/shows and formats/the project in general.
- Ensuring the team’s videos adhere to the highest journalistic standards, Legit.ng editorial policies and applicable Nigerian laws.
- High School Diploma; Degree in Journalism, Media, Film or relevant field is a plus.
- Proven experience as a: video journalist/producer/host (TV, film, online video) in the areas of current affairs, documentary, human interest stories; or documentary film producer/director; or producer in a video production studio. Applications without a portfolio will not be considered.
- Deep understanding of video production process, video quality standards, video narrative structures, journalistic standards, latest trends in video production.
- Proven experience in a managerial position in a media organization/video production studio is a plus.
- Experience of working with digital video platforms (YouTube, Facebook video) is a plus.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Perfect writing skills; narration and good grammar.
- Great editorial judgment and news monitoring skills.
- Must be a self-driven individual with a strong desire to constantly learn, adapt and work under minimal supervision.
- Must be a strategic and analytical thinker, able of quick decision making.
- Must be able to use social media effectively.
Why Join Us
- Highly competitive remuneration
- Comfortable working environment.
- Opportunity to learn and grow with a super-friendly team.
- Exposure to modern digital and innovative tools.
- Opportunity to learn from the biggest global players in IT and media worldwide.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online