Skills Outside School Foundation is a not-for-profit organization registered as in IT (70340) in June 2014 at the Corporate Affairs Commission, Nigeria, and a Company Limited by Guarantee (09365183) at the Companies House, UK.
- Job Position: Volunteer M & E Intern
- Job Location: Local Government, Rivers
- Reports To: Field officer
- Duration & Hours: Temporary for 7 months, renewable based on performance and availability of funds
Purpose of the Role:
- To be responsible for the monitoring and evaluation of local farmers’ agricultural activities in Rivers State for the Skills Outside School Foundation- “Agropreneur Intervention in Rivers State, Phase 1”. This post works directly with farmers on a day-to-day basis on best agricultural practices and activities and motivates farmers to look at agriculture as a business after the training session received early in Feb 2021. It requires a solid technical background in agriculture, training experience, and the ability to interact with the farmers, local community, and NGO partners.
Project implementation and Technical support:
- Support the field officer to provide technical guidance in the areas of best farm practices in line with the just concluded IITA training
- Work with local to provide technical assistance to the smallholder farmers including assisting farmers in adopting new technologies and innovations for increased productivity, quality, efficiency, management etc through demonstrations where relevant.
- Develop strong working relationships with the community, a focal point of the farm clusters, the field officer and the organization.
- In collaboration with the project team ensure timely distribution of farm inputs where relevant.
Coordination and Representation:
- Work closely with the local farmers, the focal points of the farm clusters, and the community where relevant.
- Work closely with the field officer and M&E team to deliver accurate reports from the field activities
- Ensure alignment with the project and other related projects are being implemented.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning [MEAL]:
- Support monitoring, evaluation, supervision, and reporting of the project activities in the project area in coordination with the field officer and the M&E team.
- Ensure timely submission of report from field activities including but not limited to audio, visual, and theoretical.
- Provide regular support to the M&E team and field officer using standardized formats and reporting on the implementation of field activities (bi-weekly).
- Document the implementation process, lessons learned, and success stories in each month of the project implementation
- Contribute to ensuring accountability to project beneficiaries and local stakeholders.
- Applicant must be a 300-400 level student studying an agricultural related course in any of the Rivers State tertiary institute [University or Polythecnic]
- Applicant must be genuine, willing, and available to participate in this role.
- Applicant must have a smartphone.
- Applicant must have basic knowledge of Microsoft accessories: MS word and Excel.
- Not essential but is an added advantage.
Skills and Abilities:
- Communication: written and verbal
- Knowledge and practical experience of farming field approach
- Farm participatory approach
- Field level training
- Date entry, collection, and analysis.
12th April 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.