CARE is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to ending poverty. We are known everywhere for our unshakeable commitment to the dignity of people. Our Mission CARE works around the globe to save lives, defeat poverty and achieve social justice.
- Job Position: Warehouse Assistant
- Job Location: Dikwa, Borno
- Department: Operations
- Vacancy Type: National
- Reporting to: Logistics/Warehouse Officer
As a member of the office’s Operations Team, the Warehouse Assistant is responsible for the safe, accurate, orderly, and secure storage of warehoused items in his/her provincial area. This includes ensuring that all necessary records are in place and up-to-date; that the warehouse is clean, well-maintained, and secure; that goods are received and dispatched in a timely and professional manner; and that relevant online – People Soft system is kept up-to-date with correct information. This role is therefore responsible for inventory, physical distribution, maintenance, and record-keeping.
Should s/he work in an area in which medical programming takes place, s/he will also be required to ensure that pharmaceuticals are correctly stored in line with mandatory standard operating procedures.
Maintaining a clean and well-organized warehouse:
- Ensure that the warehouse is clean, secure (with security features), and well-organized.
- Store supplies on the basis of FEFO (first expiry first out) and FIFO (First in First Out).
- Ensure materials are stored and arranged in an orderly manner in terms of the grant, item category and similarity, ease of accessibility, and frequency of item’s movement with the objective of optimum utilization of storage space.
- If necessary, lead on the coordination with Admin to ensure pest control in the warehouse.
- Ensure that the warehouse is locked and has resources in place to prevent theft, flooding, and/or fire.
- Ensure that storage space is utilized in the best way possible that guarantees ventilation and workspace movement.
- (If applicable) ensure that pharmaceuticals are stored at the current height and temperatures according to mandatory standard operating procedures.
Receiving and dispatching goods:
- Ensuring the quantity and quality of materials during delivery through detailed visual inspection and quality check with the raised PO’s and asking confirmation for quality of inbound materials from the requested department.
- Ensure that procedures are strictly followed and that all necessary forms are used, filled, and filed correctly during receipt, storage, and dispatch of the supplies.
- Manage responsibility for the supervision of loading of shipments – food commodities and other supplies.
- Organize and manage casual workers and laborers, ensure they comply with CARE Warehouse & Storage Management Policy.
- Conduct stock checks and stock reconciliations on a regular basis.
- Process and complete shipment documentation.
- Verify and submit accurate and high-quality stock reports on a daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly basis.
- Ensure that the People Soft system is up to date with the correct information for all inventory and warehouse data.
- Organizes and conducts monthly and annual inventory and ensure submission of the timely stock inventory report.
- Provide support for CARE internal Stock Audit and periodic Partner inventory audit.
- Ensure that all program reporting requirements are fulfilled in a timely fashion.
- Abide by policies that prohibit fraud, nepotism, corruption, and/or bribery.
- Maintain a strong awareness of Child Safeguarding policies.
- Operate with the highest standards of professionalism, and in a manner that is gender-sensitive and in compliance with Anti-Harassment and PSEA policies.
- Be willing to support and/or participate in humanitarian responses where required.
- Be willing to support and/or participate in training and other capacity strengthening initiatives for partners where required.
- University Degree or HND in Logistics or Supply Chain Management, Purchasing & Supply, Material Engineering, Economics or Business Administration.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in warehousing, supply chain management.
- Knowledge of supply chain, logistics, and warehousing management is a requirement.
- NGO experience in humanitarian context preferred.
- English is a must and knowledge of the local language is an advantage.
- Good report writing, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Proven Basic Computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, etc.) is a must.
100% FIeld Based.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- CARE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CARE considers all applicants on the basis of merit without prejudice to race, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, color, national origin, marital status, or veteran status.
- There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Please note that CARE will not request any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
CARE strongly encourages women to apply.
29th January 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online