Chemonics International – We’re one of the world’s leading partners in international development, because where Chemonics works, development works. From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better.
Job Title: Warehouse Manager
Scope of Work
- This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the Warehouse Manager – Deliver & Return to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) in Nigeria.
- The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program–Procurement and Supply Management single award IDIQ contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world. The IDIQ has four task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program. GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All four task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
- The Warehouse Manager will be responsible for overseeing and managing activities related to warehousing operations for GHSC-PSM project in Nigeria
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Ensure the safe receipt, storage and timely dispatch of commodities (pharmaceuticals, laboratory reagents and consumables, long lasting insecticidal treated nets and other related health commodities) for all health programs/various donors, implemented and managed by Chemonics in line with Good Warehousing Practice (GWP)
- Provide warehousing technical support to federal and state government owned warehouses in which commodities procured by US government are stored for health programs implemented and managed by Chemonics.
- Support the Director Deliver/Return in managing subcontracting of warehousing services (EOI, RFQ, selection, contracting etc.) using service level agreements (SLA)
- Conduct market survey on warehousing costs to benchmark current costs.
- Support the Director Deliver/Return to develop operational standards for contracted warehousing services and support the advocating and adoption of these standards as being for use in Nigeria
- Monitoring contracted third-party warehouse service providers’ performance against set key performance indicators (KPIs) Also, undertake audits of warehousing 3PLs; facilities and services
- Assist in developing requisite reports including forecasted needs and outputs, monthly warehouse stock reports from all warehousing facilities holding stock for Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Chain Management (GHSC-PSM) project, Nigeria project, and 3PL performance scorecards (internal distribution only).
- Support the Director Deliver/Return develop, manage and nurture mutually beneficial relationship between Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Chain Management (GHSC-PSM) project, Nigeria, government of Nigeria (GON), stakeholders and respective warehousing 3PLs
- Ensure operational and financial efficiencies of warehousing 3PLs and develop their capacity thereby providing a pool of indigenous seasoned warehousing service providers
- Support the Director Deliver/Return, liaise with M&E to monitor, track and report on supply operations indicators.
- Support and provide technical assistance for process improvements and innovations including Reporting Dashboard/Control Tower Initiative, Data Visibility and other improvements and innovations as the need arises.
- Facilitating transfer of skills and knowledge to other staff through mentoring and on-the-job training
- Maintain a good knowledge and understanding of all office rules and procedures as set forth in the field office policy manual.
- Supervise warehousing team to support achievement of the overall project goals as required to ensure project performance
- Perform other duties as directed by the Director, Deliver & Return
- The Warehouse Manager – will report directly to the Director -Warehouse & Distribution
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment:
- This is a long-term position for the life of the contract based in Abuja, Nigeria.
Applicants for this position should possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Post graduate degree in Pharmacy, Public Health, Logistics Management, Business Administration
- At least 8 years of relevant work experience/public health supply chain management.
- Membership of supply chain professional body
- Experience working on a USAID or donor-funded project
- Demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proven ability to work as a part of a team but self-managing of own time.
- Good verbal and written communication skills/Fluency in English is required
4th January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online