Heckerbella Limited is a technology consultancy that enables Africa’s decision-makers to define the future. We work alongside our clients as one team, to enable them to compete in a world of constant innovation and disruption.
Job Position: Visual / Web / App Designer
Job Location: Lagos
- We are looking for a Visual, Web, App Designer with a thorough knowledge of and at least 3 years experience in curating the development of visual concepts to communicate, inspire, inform, and captivate the uniqueness of ICT products, solutions and innovation.
- Preferably you should have also experience in managing the visual Communication of complex international research and innovation funded projects.
- As Visual, Web, App Designer in our company you will manage the entire process of defining requirements, visualizing and creating graphics including illustrations, logos, layouts, videos and photos of research and innovation projects in various ICT fields, including for instance Agritech, green technologies, digital innovation hubs, vocational-technical programmes.
- You are passionate about storytelling and multimedia audience engagement.
- You will produce and publish visual content for research projects and the company.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Managing the entire process of defining requirements, visualizing and creating graphics including illustrations, logos, layouts and photos for EC funded projects. You’ll be the one to shape these visual aspects.
- Create visual elements such as logos, original images, and illustrations, animations, infographics to help deliver a message
- Create and design various materials for print and digital collateral
- Design, illustrate and update creative content and graphics for websites and social media platforms, including static and interactive features Support the organisation of webinars, workshops, conferences and events with high profile stakeholders and limited budget (i.e. publications, information materials, event programmes, brochures, posters etc, in print and digital formats).
- Coordinate with the editorial team to improve content presentation/ layout (news, social media posts, videos etc.)
- Update websites as needed.
- In close collaboration with the rest of the team you will contribute to defining and maintaining the image of the company, delivering communications to support marketing and business acquisition, shaping corporate communications, PR, social media, events, and content creation the company is involved in.
- You will be active in a friendly international environment and take part to international R&D projects across Africa (and beyond from time to time).
Fit for the challenge:
- Ability to research and understand complex subject matter to produce succinct, engaging creative visuals for different audiences
- Comfortable developing multimedia content (Web, social media, mobile App, photos, video, infographics, laying out documents and presentations, animations etc.) across multiple channels.
- Ability to generate and translate ideas and concepts into first class visual material.
- Ability to think creatively and problem-solve through design with a keen eye for aesthetic and details.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects within design specifications and budget restrictions
- Experience in presenting ideas and concepts. Comfortable in a high-volume, fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- A “can-do” attitude with the ability to accurately interpret instructions, understand what is needed and deliver products to expectations.
- Interest in and good understanding of the ICT industry – at least of a subset of specific domains our projects and customers are active in.
- A University Degree or Diploma in Graphic Design, Visual Arts, Media, Communications, Advertising or a related field is required.
- At least 3 years experience
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML page. Experience building aesthetically outstanding, responsive WordPress websites very fast.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products with a focus on Word and PowerPoint (e.g., building and maintaining templates).
- Exceptional typography, graphical layout, and analytical skills.
- Good Knowledge and experience of Photoshop, Lightroom, Illustrator, Premier Pro, After Effects & Final Cut Pro Other Skills & Competencies
- Experience in photo/video shooting and editing using Premiere PRO, After Effects, Audition will be regarded highly.
- Excellent English.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and a selection of your best editorial work via email to: email@example.com using “Visual Web Designer” as the subject of the mail.