- CAREER LEVEL: Experienced (Non-Manager)
- EXPERIENCE: 6-8 years
- INDUSTRY: Accounting / Audit / Tax
- QUALIFICATION: BSc/HND
Job Title: Workshop Supervisor
- To ensure minimal disruption to service within the Logistics business by overseeing the delivery of planned and reactive truck maintenance support to the Logistics Services business.
- To supervise a team of technicians, allocate workload and drive day-to-day operations in the workshop towards ensuring that truck downtime is minimised or reduced to zero.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement, plan, control and organise the planned preventive and corrective maintenance on Rainoil’s fleet and related equipment to maximise their lifespan and ensure safety
- Responsible for job allocation and job flow in the workshop including job scheduling and labour allocation for day to day operations
- Provides relevant input to the Manager, Logistics Services for the preparation of the business strategy and annual budgets
- Monitors the delivery of workshop plans and activities in line with the budget, ensuring variances are minimised
- Supports the Manager, Logistics Services to implement and enforce risk management procedures
- Ensures sites have the proper number of trucks that meet the needs of the business
- Regularly report the progress on each job and quickly communicates delays or concerns with the Manager, Logistics Services
- Reports on manpower overruns or shortfalls
- Acts as a technical adviser on key projects and other areas of the business as requested.
- Identifies staff that require on-going training and liaises with Human Capital to facilitate their enrolment on relevant development interventions
- Supports apprentices and semi-skilled staff and facilitates their acquisition of appropriate technical skills
- Ensures the availability of resources for the technicians to effectively carry out their jobs
- Participates in the selection of new technicians
- Attends to any issues or queries escalated by the technicians
- Ensures compliance to required safety standards and operating procedures
- Creates & maintains a register of all workshop equipment to manage the timely calibration and maintenance of the equipment
- Coordinates vehicle maintenance, maintains relationships with parts vendors, orders parts, and orders diesel fuel and gasoline, as needed.
- Minimum of seven (7) years working experience, preferably in the Technical, logistics, supply chain management and transportation of goods
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.Sc./HND) in Engineering
- Hands-on experience in various technical skills like welding, panel beating, truck maintenance, etc.
Application Closing Date
9th July 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to [email protected] using the “Job title & Location” as the subject of the email.