University of Geneva Excellence Master Fellowships for International Students 2022 (Study in Switzerland)
The Faculty of Science of the University of Geneva is an internationally recognized leading research institution.
The Faculty of Science, with the support of external partners, has established an Excellence Fellowship program open to outstanding and highly motivated students who wish to pursue a Master of Science degree in one of the disciplines covered by the Faculty. Candidate selection is based on excellence.
This cutting-edge research covers a broad range of scientific disciplines: astronomy, biology, chemistry and biochemistry, computer science, mathematics, physics, pharmaceutical sciences, earth sciences and the environment. The Faculty hosts three National Centres of Competence in Research of the highly competitive Swiss National Sciences Foundation (Chemical Biology; SwissMAP; Planets) as well as many European research projects.
The Masters of the Faculty of Science constitute an ideal training base for academic but also professional development, opening on careers in industry, teaching, administration in sciences, communication and media, The programs Master’s degrees are either entirely in English, or in English and French
- Host Country: Switzerland
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships/Masters Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: CHF 10’000 to CHF 15’000/year
To be considered for the scholarship:
- Application for a University of Geneva Excellence Fellowship is open to students from any university with very good performance in their studies (belonging to the best 10% of their bachelor’s program) and that have completed the Bachelor degree or expect to complete it within 6 months.
- Selection of the applicants will be based on excellence.
- Evaluation will be made on the basis of the documentation sent by the applicants.
- French proficiency is not a formal requirement for the Masters of the Faculty of science.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
The Excellence Fellowship consists of a grant amounting to CHF 10’000 to CHF 15’000/year (no teaching duties); it is awarded for one year and extended for the regular duration of the chosen Master’s program (three or four semesters) provided the applicant is academically successful at the end of his/her first semester of studies.
The application (in English or French) must include the following documents in the form of a SINGLE pdf file:
- A scan of your national identity card or passport.
- A Curriculum Vitae (2 pages maximum).
- The transcript of exams passed during the bachelor education, with all grades.
- A motivation letter in which you describe your specific scientific interests and your motivation to pursue a Master of Science program at the University of Geneva.
- If possible: Letters of references from two professors (preferably sent by them directly to [email protected]) attesting your aptitude to this program.
- Any other pertinent information like results of GRE (General requirement examination), of TOEFL or other language test.
March 15, 2022